Thursday 31 May 2012

Bulgaria v Scotland (5.30pn KO)

Match I'm looking at tonight is in the Under 21's European Championship qualifiers

Bulgaria v Scotland (5.30pn KO)

Probably hard to believe for many but Scotland actually have a really decent crop of players at this age group. They surprised a few by beating Holland away in Novemeber and followed that up with a 0-0 draw at home in a match we really should have won.

I reckon the team shall be something like this:

Ridgers - Jack, Hanlon, Wilson, Perry - Kelly, Cairney, Mackay-Steven, Allan - Russell, Rhodes (4-4-2)

A team of players who have nearly all had regular games for their 1st teams this year and are buzzing with confidence. Clearly with Allan, Mackay-Steven, Russell and Rhodes there is genuine attacking threat in the side and I see them avenging the disappointing goaless draw we had at home with Bulgaria at the start of the qualifying campaign.

Being a Scot it is easy for me NOT to get carried away with confidence in any Scotland team but I think they have a real shout for a positive result tonight. I will take Scotland with the saftey of Draw No Bet @ 2.15 (Sporting Bet)

No comments:

Post a Comment